The New Year brings a time of refresh, reflection, and goal setting for the coming months. Goals and resolutions can be set in multiple areas of life; fitness, finance and even work. Your organization can set goals for its employees, processes, systems, etc. If your group relies on IBM Maximo for any area of business, there is always room for improvement in your system and the business processes that it implicates.
Here are seven resolutions for your organization to consider in 2018:
- Get rid of paper! Less paper means less waste and mistakes, is it time to move to a work order management system? Bring more of your business into Maximo, consider additional assets, and processes as part of this year’s move to success.
- Develop your legacy, if you or someone on your team is looking at retirement soon, now is the time to start knowledge transferring, don’t let all that info walk away. Set your company up for the future by establishing a published Asset Management Policy.
- Generate ZERO compliance failures with new business processes. As your organization grows, plan to have regular monitoring and testing as a part of your growth strategy. Remember it’s people, processes AND technology, these aspects must be reviewed holistically.
- Address your Health Safety and Environmental needs in Maximo. Formalize and automate regulatory compliance as an integral part of your Maximo investment.
- Network with others in your field, join a local MUG meeting, or attend MaximoWorld in the summer.
- Stay updated on latest versions, save this link to your favorites for information on Maximo version release updates and Maximo Upgrades, and move away from unsupported versions (anything older than V7.5).
- Invest in Maximo training and support to help alleviate transitions to new processes and versions.
Not all New Years Resolutions are expected to be done on your own! You look to your trainer for your fitness goals, and your doctor for your health and wellness goals. Look to Cohesive Solutions for your Maximo resolutions, we are your trusted adviser for All Things EAM.